COPA MARNATON eDREAMS 2023
MARNATON eDreams events are held in exceptional, natural coastal environments, with some sections being part of a Natural Park and / or Integral Reserve. We remind all participants of the importance of respecting the environment around us at all times, and therefore helping to protect it.
MARNATON requests everyone’s cooperation to leave no trace and leave a better space condition after the event than we have found.
As an open water swimmer, you respect and protect the environment. We count on your collaboration.
1. PARTICIPANT REQUIREMENTS AND REGISTRATION
Any natural person of any nationality, federated or not, who is in optimal health and suitably trained to carry out the test may participate.
The test is authorized for people over 18 years of age, born after 2005. Minors according to the distance, consult the Website Administrator during the registration process.
Have correctly carried out all the steps and requirements for registration within the corresponding deadlines.
All the information required in the registration process must be truthful. The organization is not responsible for the falsehoods or errors that the participant indicates at the time of registration.
Registration for the test is personal and non-transferable and can only be done through this website: https://marnaton.com.
Registration for the sporting event selected by the participant will be submitted to the acceptance of the Administrator of this website, which implies that the participant accepts the terms and conditions of the Regulations of the organized race.
Registration period: 10 days before the event date or once the limit of participants is reached.
- Accident insurance during the event.
- Assistance during the challenge (boats with rescue staff) and on arrival (Field hospital with medical staff).
- Swimming Cap
- Event T-shirt
- Chip raking and timing.
- Trophies for the absolute winners and medals for the winners of each category.
Changing of name: will only be accepted up to 12 days before the event. The organization will charge €10 fee for this management.
Change of distance: they will only be admitted up to 12 days before the event, as long as there are places left in the requested distance. If the amount is lower, the difference will not be refunded. But in the case that the amount is higher if the corresponding deposit of the resulting amount will be requested.
Cancellation of the challenge: if due to adverse conditions or force majeure outside the organization, it is obliged to cancel the event or modify the course or timings, the registration fee will not be refunded in any case. In no case will the event be postponed to another date nor will the participants be reimbursed the amount of their registration fee.
Limit of places: the organization keeps 25 places for commitments with sponsors and partners. The organization reserves the right to increase or reduce the number of places for safety reasons or other reasons that may affect the proper development of the race. In any case, this modification will be announced well in advance on the web and social networks.
COVERS accident insurance contracted by the organization: Royal Decree 849/1993, of June 4
• Unlimited medical and surgical assistance, up to 18 months.
• Unlimited transfer or evacuation costs to the agreed care center.
• Orthopedic material expenses, up to 70%.
• Unlimited rehabilitation treatments, up to a maximum of 18 months.
• Compensation for total and partial disability due to a sports accident up to €12.025.
• Compensation for death as a result of a sports accident up to €6015.
2. WITHDRAWAL OR RETURN:
2.1 RETURN OR WITHDRAWAL PROCEDURE (Cancellation management): in case the event is canceled, postponed or needs to modify its route due to adverse conditions or force majeure beyond the control of the organization, in no case will the event be postponed to another date.
2.2 JUSTIFIED RETURNS OR CANELLATION of registration will only be accepted, when they are comumunicated within the following deadlines:
- Communication of the cancellation of the participant’s registration to the website administrator up to 2 months before the event, with the right to a refund of 60% of the registration fee *
- For cancellations communicated up to 1 month before the event, they will be entitled to a refund of 30% of the registration fee *
- If the communication to cancel the registration occurs within 1 month before the event, the amount of the registration will not be refundable to the participant, for management reasons in the organization of the race.
- * The amount that will be returned corresponds to the price of the registration. In no case will the amount corresponding to% of the management expenses be returned.
- The administrator of the website and organizer of the sporting event, offers a service called, return service, to guarantee the participant the refund of the registration amount, which can only be contracted at the time of registration, not later.
2.3. RETURN SERVICE: This service guarantees the return of 100% of the registration (not the accessories or other expenses derived from it such as travel expenses, merchandising, etc.) regardless of the reason for the cancellation and without having to justify the reason or cause of the leave either due to: injuries, accidents, travel, studies or any other personal reason.
2.4. RETURN SERVICE CONDITIONS:
- Your hiring will only be accepted if it is done during the registration process (not once the registration is closed).
- The amount of the return service is not refundable.
- The duration of the service will take effect from the moment of registration (prior confirmation of payment) until 7 days before the event for which the service has been contracted.
- To execute the registration return process, you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org communicating the withdrawal.
- The refund of the amount will be made to the same card with which the registration payment was made.
2.5. REFUND TO THE USER / CUSTOMER:
The administrator of the website will manage the refund of the registration fee, under the same system that was used for payment. The application of the refund in the account or card of the USER, will depend on the payment system and the issuing bank.
To proceed with a return or cancellation of the registration, the following steps must be followed. You must inform the administrator of the website as soon as possible, and indicate that you want to cancel the selected test. Information by email to: email@example.com.
It is compulsory to use the chip to participate in the event.
- White single-use and returnable chip: the organization will provide it at a price of € 5 (VAT included).
- Yellow Chip (Championchip). When registering, you must specify the serial number on the form.
In case of loss of chip the participant will not appear in the rankings even if they provide evidences and / or graphic material showing their position and / or time. Nor will he/she be entitled to absolute prizes or by categories. Claims in this regard will not be accepted.
4. SWIMMER’S BAG COLLECTION
To collect the swimmer’s bag and bib number, the participant will need to present their ID Card, PASSPORT or NIE (original or photocopy).
When collecting the swimmer’s bag each participant must check to collect: cap of the event, Chip (if not owned), t-shirt of the event and Cloakroom tag.
The swimmer must use the label, identified with his bib number, provided by the organization to keep and store his personal belongings. The swimbag will have to be left at the designated point before the start of the race.
To retrieve their bag, which is looked after by the organization near to the finish area, the swimmer will have to show his participant number.
Cloakroom bags will be watched over at all times. But in case of loss of personal objects of swimmers, the organization will not be responsible. To avoid this, please do not place valuables in the cloakroom bags.
Swimmers travel from the finish to the starting point, will be made before the competition by buses and / or boats and / or walking. The timetables of the transfers will be published and well reported in advance on the website.
7. COMPULSORY TECHNICAL KIT
All participants are required to carry the following material, which can be checked at the start and / or at any point of the race:
- Swimming goggles
- Swimming cap provided by the organization.
- Chip provided by the organization (or property if you have recorded it during the registration process) correctly placed on the ankle.
- Swimming wetsuit is still highly recommended. Anyway, swimmers who submit the form can swim without demonstrating that they are able to swim 2 hours without wetsuit in water of below 17ºC. They must submit the form at the time of picking up the swimmer’s bag or uploading it to the web at the time of registration.
If the water temperature is below 17ºC, the organization reserves the right to force the use of wetsuit or place swimmers without wetsuit to compete on short swim.
- Buoy: its use is allowed, and in some cases, it could be mandatory and required by the organization.
The organization also recommends bring the following material:
- Vaseline or oil to avoid abrasion.
- Sun cream, best organic and anti-jellyfish.
The organization may add some type of compulsory material not included in this section. In this case, this material will be notified well in advance to the participants through the website or by email.
- Snorkel tube
- Headphones (or any item that makes orientation and communication difficult)
8. STARTING POINT
Starts will take place according on the level group chosen.
There will be a chip and timing control point at the start and another at the finish. Failure to pass control at any of the points will imply disqualification and therefore not appear in the rankings.
9. SUPPORT BOATS AND KAYAKS
Swimmers will be guarded by kayaks and support boats in order to ensure their safety.
Swimmers must always follow the line of kayaks that will guide them throughout the crossing.
All kayaks will be marked with brightly coloured lifejackets to facilitate the orientation of the swimmer.
Motor support boats, marked with a BLUE flag, will govern at all times respecting a certain safety distance. There will be general support boats to cover the crossing, as well as boats that will have medically- trained crews specialized in rescue and first aid.
The organization will supply food and drinks, which will consist of water, isotonic drinks, bananas and gels during the crossing and in the finish area.
The refreshment points will be located in boats designated by the organization, and anchored along the route, they will be duly marked with a yellow flag and helium balloon.
Swimmers will not be able to get on the refreshment boats but they will be able to rely on them.
The swimmer will decide freely in each case if he stops or continues with the race until the next stop.
It is not compulsory to stop for refreshments, although it is highly recommended.
Under no circumstances may the participant throw the wrapping or packaging from drinks and food into the sea. Such behaviour will be penalized with disqualification.
If a participant decides to withdraw, we recommend:
- Requesting help by raising one or both arms.
- The nearest kayak will support you while waiting to be evacuated.
The organization reserves the right to force a swimmer to withdraw the race:
- Whenever a swimmer shows signs of extreme fatigue, dehydration, hypothermia, extremely slow rhythm when swimming or presenting any abnormal symptoms that prevent him from swimming normally.
- If the swimmer fails to comply with any of the rules that govern this regulation (see disqualification section).
- Once the obligatory cut-off time since the start of the event has passed (30 minutes / Km).
In the case of adverse conditions and/or when there is no other choice, the organization will be forced to cancel the race by evacuating all participants.
In the case that a participant has to be evacuated, the organization will establish one or more evacuation points with health care depending on the course.